this is for you, jie. For all the times when you aren't online. MY blog about My life, for YOU.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

have i grown?

I was reading my previous blog, radicallychanged.blogspot.com . Hearing myself, almost a year back, made me think. From then till now, have i grown? Do i warrant genie's comment that "you've grown alot!"
Lately, i've been blog surfing, and truth be told, feeling a little inferior. I read all my friend's blogs, marveling at the number of funny, humorous things that dot their daily existence. Perhaps, that is what has been spurring my recent posts to sound more cheery and more light-hearted. But i wonder if that was the wisest decision i made. Because honestly, why am i writting this blog? Is it for the sake of letting other people read about my life, and get to know me better? No. I started blogging in my previous blog because i wanted to kepe track of my spiritual life. What does it say, that i have stopped blogging there, and now blog in my more day-to-day, lighthearted blog made for my older sister to get updates of my life?
I feel sober and sorry.
GOd, i repent. Forgive me for trying to please the people around me, for seeking their approval and acceptance more than i have been seeking yours. God, i pray that you cleanse my heart of its impure motives and help me to centre my life around you, and the glorification of your kingdom. Truly, i want to draw near to you.

Today is Maudy thursday. The day Christ died for our sins. I feel so wonderfully blest. God, u provide for me, you died for me, you washed me clean and "freed us for joyful obedience". Jesus. How i love you, more than anyone else in all the earth. FOrgive me of my sins, and help me to start afresh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home